To promote health, prevent illness and provide quality care
Avonlea Care Centre has been a part of Kelowna since opening in the Glenmore community in 1993. The home is alongside Redlich Pond which allows our residents to enjoy nature walks and outdoor activities with family and friends. Avonlea Care Centre provides quality, client centred care in a safe and supportive home environment for people with acquired brain injuries.
Services and Amenities we provide
- Nursing care. We specialize in acquired brain injury clients
- Each resident is assessed on admission and regularly thereafter. The assessment is to be based on physical, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual needs of each resident
- Therapeutic and supportive approaches and programs are available to assist each resident to achieve and maintain personal potential for functioning and well being
- Personal care assistance and support
- Safe and secure living environment
- Nutritious meals
- Personal laundry service and housekeeping
- Recreational activities/programs
- Social and therapy programs
- Respite and palliative care
Private bedrooms pair comfort with function. Each room is fully furnished and some have an ensuite facility. This area is your space with us, and we welcome you to decorate, furnish and change it in whatever ways make you feel most comfortable.